Museum news archives
From West Elmira Computers Museum
Museum news archives
- July 28, 2020:
- July 26, 2020:
- July 23, 2020:
- May 21, 2020: Coding for COVID: Development has begun to convert Host Master from Flash to Wintermute on Linux, macOS, and Windows via ScummVM.
- May 17, 2020: Coding for COVID: Development has begun on A Host Master Carol, a sequel to Host Master and Host Master Deux.
- May 16, 2020: Coding for COVID fundraiser has begun. This is a game making fund drive with funds being raised through the West Elmira Computers Museum, with game development by museum president Jennifer McMurray's Cydoca Entertainment with support by Double Fine through use of their intellectual property. 90% of all donations will be split up evenly among Doctors without Borders, Direct Relief, and Action Against Hunger. The remaining 10% will go to the West Elmira Computer Museum.
- February 26, 2020: Transcribed Perry Dyball's Super Air Raid BASIC source code to the WEC Museum's Github repository.
- February 12, 2020: Transcribed Gregory Yob's Hunt the Wumpus BASIC source ecode to the WEC Museum's Github repository.
- January 23, 2020: Transcribed Christopher Gaylo's Highnoon BASIC source code to the WEC Museum's Github repository from images uploaded by s1axter.
- June 4, 2019:
- March 31, 2019:
- March 28, 2019: Beginning of process of converting the museum website from Dokuwiki to MediaWiki.
- March 25, 2019:
- February 6, 2019: December 31, 2018 meeting minutes added. Read them here.
- December 31, 2018: December 2018 newsletter released. Read it here.
- November 17th, 2018: November 2018 newsletter released. Read it here.
- November 11th, 2018: Museum meeting. Read the minutes.
- November 3rd and 4th, 2018: DreamCon 2018 Sega Dreamcast exhibit at the RetroGameCon 6 in Syracuse, NY. See pictures from the event.
- May 31, 2018: We restored the Telltale Texas Hold'em promotional website http://www.wecmuseum.org/dudebrough/, with permission from Caroline Liddick, Telltale's Community Media Manager. View it here.
- May 2, 2018: Beginning of process of transcribing the museum inventory list online via the Dokuwiki system.